There’s a big difference between dentists and oral surgeons! Both of them have the same training, but a dentist is a general practitioner where an oral surgeon is a more specialized field.
The dentist is always your first stop for any tooth-related problem, but some problems require serious intervention – that’s when the dentist refers you to an oral surgeon.
Brisman Implant and Oral Surgery is a dental practice in New York City specializing in dental implants and maxillofacial surgery. Our foremost priority is personalized, gentle, and comprehensive patient care.
How To Find A Good Dental Practice
Not all dental practices are created equal. Considering that you and your oral surgeon will see a lot of each other throughout your procedures, you want to be certain in your choice. Here are a few things you can do to see if your chosen practice is a good one:
- Check how clean the office and treatment room are
- Consider how helpful and professional the staff are
- See if the dentist and staff wear protective gear during a procedure
- Check the oral surgeon’s manner and see if you can get along
- Read patient reviews and ask anyone you know who’s visited them previously
What Makes Us Different?
Dr. Adam Brisman is an oral and maxillofacial surgeon, specializing in implant dentistry and full mouth reconstruction. An oral surgeon handles complex procedures beyond the scope of general dental practice. To that end, we offer a different set of procedures than a dentist does.
Here is a selection of the procedures we offer:
- Dental Implants – These are just as easy to maintain and are as strong as your natural teeth.
- Bone Grafting – This repairs the jawbone in case there isn’t enough bone in the right area to support a dental implant.
- Wisdom Teeth – A common dental problem. You can come in for a consultation to see if they need to be removed.
- Jaw Surgery – Your jaws might not be correctly aligned. If they cause problems, surgery can fix this issue.
- Facial Trauma – We can repair injuries to the face and jaws in case of trauma to those areas.
- Tooth Extractions – Decayed teeth or wisdom teeth can be removed in preparation for a replacement.
- Pre-Prosthetic Surgery – Minor surgical procedures may be necessary before receiving dentures to ensure that they fit correctly.
- TMJ Disorders – If your jaw clicks or your teeth don’t touch when you bite, your temporomandibular joint may need some attention.
- Impacted Canines – This is a condition where your eye-teeth fail to emerge through your gums correctly. We can help them erupt properly or extract them if necessary.
Brisman Implant And Oral Surgery Is Your Top Dental Practice In New York
You can’t neglect proper tooth care. Dr. Adam Brisman is at the cutting edge of the field of implant dentistry and treats every patient like family. You’ll be seeing a lot of your oral surgeon if you ever need a procedure, so it pays to see an expert!
Request your appointment now. You won’t find a better dental practice in New York!